Saturday 28 June 2014

Frugal Frames for (Stylish) Punkin-Head Dames

A lot of plus size sites include wide width shoes. Not something I need. But what I DO need are big-size glasses, ones that actually fit my broad forehead and cheekbones and wide set eyes. Was delighted when I took a peek at http://www.zennioptical.com and found that they've got it set up so you can easily search by the size of the frame AND that when you get up to the big sizes you can find all sorts of great, fun, funky stuff like this:











 


 

 
 














 Just the selection is worth the visit, if, like me, you've gone into optical shops and found maybe one frame in the women's section that is your size. But better still, all of their stuff is genuinely budget priced. Instead of $$$ like they are here in Oz, these frames range from $13-$35. And you can find plenty of others even cheaper, as low as $7.  Here are some great, fun xl women's styles that cost less than $10:











Reviews are generally positive--even for the prescription lenses--but given how fiddly mine are with prisms and so on, I think I'd just buy the frames and go to a brick and mortar place to get the rest done.

No comments:

Post a Comment