Saturday 28 June 2014

Over 40, At Work, In ASOS Curve

I don't usually think of style in terms of a particular age (except for when I'm forced to, as for instance when items I just think of as "clothes" are called "retro 90s"), but I had to name it something and since I am myself waaaaay over 40  and shop at ASOS (regularly described in media as a site for 20-somethings) for work-wear, thought I'd go with that. Actually, this post is really just an excuse to ogle some items on my ever-growing ASOS Curve wishlist. The totals make it pretty clear why this is just a VIRTUAL shopping trip.



1. "Puss in Boots"







ASOS curve swing dress with pussybow $44, curve tights $8, red light ankle boots, $75, ASOS neoprene tote, $20, River Island crystal earrings $12.$159.



2. "Juiced Couture"



ASOS curve viscose-nylon kick flare pant (in lengths), $43, hammered crepe hip length jacket, chartreuse, $78, faux suede brogues, $40 river island earrings, $15. $176.


3. "Wine Me Up"

 
ASOS curve soft drape jacket, $78, spear bib necklace, $21, easy leather ankle boots in oxblood, $58, junarose vest midi dress, $26, kenneth jay lane ball drop earrings, $15. $198.


4. "Knot Now"


ASOS curve peplum top knot detail, $63, wide leg viscose pants, $43, jumble suede look flatforms, $55, Kenneth Jay Lane spike earrings, $20. $181.


5. "Pretty Polygon"

 



ASOS curve v neck swing dress, longer length, $50, crop leggings, $16, New Look Jingy orange asymmetrical flats, $24, and Finchittida Finch Cow Bell Earrings, $10, Becksondergaard C-Diva Star Warm Blush Scarf, $20. $104.

And in case you are wondering, especially with the last outfit: no, my workplace does not have a clothing policy, lucky me. But I spend a good deal of work time making presentations, so being pulled together, if not exactly dressed up, is a priority, right along with my own standards of work appropriateness (which for me = no armpits, knees or significant cleavage on display ) comfort and ease (low heel or flat shoes, low or mid heel boots, leggings or tights are ok, but no panty hose or spanx, nothing that requires constant adjustment or fiddling to look right--except lippy)

No comments:

Post a Comment