Tuesday 24 June 2014

Listen to the Wedding Belle (and Reply)


I got a lovely reply from the Wedding Belle, that also told me a bit more about her taste and style:

I think I like the construction of #1 best, the overall look of # 2, and the colour and accessories of #4, although I'm a bit timid about putting a bunch or ruching/pleating on my chest,  I also like #3 and #8.  . . . I am fairly pale, dark eyes, sable coloured hair, which I highlight silver.  Yellow kinds of wash me out, and I think I look best in medium bright colours.  My favorite neutrals are taupe, black, and bittersweet chocolate, which is really hard to find. Actually, I think of wine/burgundy as a kind of neutral as well, since I have so much of it. I'm a nurse, so mostly I wear scrubs, and always feel a little awkward when I'm out of them. P.S LOVE the necklaces and little sweaters!!!  

OK. This is how I'm reading the response:
 'construction of #1' = simple, a bit tailored
 'overall look of #2' = classic, ladylike, elegant (ditto 'love necklaces and little sweaters') w/emphasis on neutrals and texture
'colour and accessories of #4' = rich details, warm brights, purple family

So with these things in mind, I've put together a couple more outfits, the first two based on more simply styled dresses. These can be easily dressed up or down (as in, pumps and pearls to sandals and sunnies), so it is less likely they'll just sit in the closet after the wedding is over.



1. "Wine Red Rose"





Eshakti Adelyn dress, $49 w/custom size (sale); 
Amazon, MIA ‘Sweetness’ flat, burgundy suede, $99; jessica mcclintock black satin clutch, $18; Etsy, petite black crystal flower charm necklace, KandiRockss, $13, petite jet drop earrings, CrownJewelsGoddess, $1. $180 sans ship. (ouch! but love those shoes)



2. "Lady Takes a Bow"




Eshakti ‘Jessica’ dress in black poplin, $56 ; Ashley Stewart crop shrug cardi, black, 30% off, $17; 6 PM Fergalicious Alana flat (which I now really want for myself), $23; Etsy, black patent clutch, steelcityvintage, $13, handmade faux pearl earrings with black fabric bows, JewelrybyAshNicole, $12, white pearl necklace, goodglasspearl, $7. $128 sans ship.



3. "Rich in Rose”



OSP, Jessica London lace dress $30 w/50% off coupon (check retail me not) ; Ashley Stewart crop shrug cardi, black, 30% off, $17; 6 PM Bloch Noverre Court pink flats, $50; ASOS New Look Necklace, $12;  Etsy, floral pink beaded bag, GraphikMania, $22. $130 sans ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment